BabyBjorn Active Baby Carrier
The Active Baby Carrier is BabyBjorn’s most study and comfortable carrier which, unlike many other carriers available, provides special lumbar support as well as padded shoulder straps for the creation of a comfortable baby carrier that is easy on the back and shoulders. Now you can walk for miles and still stay close to your baby.
- Great padded straps provides good lumbar support and makes this carrier comfortable for long periods of use
- Easy to put on and take off and easy to adjust straps
- Easy to put baby in and take baby out without help
- Allows baby to face wearer or face forward
- Great for carrying baby while still keeping hands free
- Doesn’t provide enough lumbar support and back still hurts after long periods of use or when carrying an older baby
- Best for use with babies under four months in age
Features Of BabyBjorn Active Baby Carrier
- sturdy baby carrier
- designed to carry heavier children for longer periods of time
- the comfortable lumbar support and the wide, padded shoulder straps provides an even weight distribution
- the baby carrier provides excellent support for your little child’s back and head, making sure his/her legs and arms are in a physiologically correct position. When your child is a little older, the neck-rest can be folded down so the child can face forwards and look around.
- From newborn (at least 3.5 kgs/8 lbs and 53 cms/21 ins) up to 12 kgs/26 lbs.
- Approved in accordance with the Oeko-Tex Standard 100, class 1, which is an international safety standard for textiles that ensures they contain no health-hazardous substances. This means that during your baby’s teething phase, you can allow your baby to nibble or suck on the fabric without worry.
- Machine-wash at 40 degrees C/Warm. Wash separately. Use a gentle, bleach-free detergent.
Cost: The BabyBjorn Active baby carrier retails for $129.99 but it is possible to find this carrier for less. Shop around for the best price.
BabyBjorn Active Baby Carrier User Reviews
The BabyBjorn Active baby carrier has received a rating of 4 out of 5 stars from reviewers on toysrus.com and amazon.com.
Looks like BabyBjorn may have finally gotten it right. Users love the Active Baby Carrier which provides more lumbar support than the original BabyBjorn baby carrier and also comes with wide, padded shoulder straps allowing the user to wear this baby carrier for long periods of time. Many users say this carrier is a vast improvement over the original BabyBjorn and it is much more comfortable to wear thanks to the back support. The BabyBjorn Active Baby Carrier still comes with all of the great features and design of the original BabyBjorn so this baby carrier, like it’s siblings, it very easy to put on and adjust the straps, is easy to put baby in and take baby out without help, provides the option for baby to face forward, and is great for fussy babies who always want to be held. Users say this carrier really lets you get things done and is great for taking walks, shopping, traveling in the airport, or doing chores around the house—all while still keeping baby close. Many reviewers believe this is the “Best Baby Carrier Ever!.”
BabyBjorn Active Baby Carrier Negatives
Those who are not fans of this carrier say the BabyBjorn Active baby carrier is only a slight improvement over the original BabyBjorn baby carrier and that it still does not provide enough lumbar support. Many complain their back and shoulders begin to ache after a short time using this carrier and others still say this carrier is only good for young, lightweight babies and is not good with older, heavier babies because it does not provide enough back support. One user says this carrier, and all BabyBjorn baby carriers, is like wearing a backpack on the chest—meaning all of the weight is on the shoulders. Therefore, it is only good for short trips with a lightweight baby. A few users also complain that BabyBjorn carriers are not good for babies either because baby dangles from the carrier rather than sitting in the carrier and this puts pressure on baby’s spine.
Overall, users seem to love this new and improved BabyBjorn baby carrier and think it is a vast improvement over the original BabyBjorn carrier thanks to the addition of lumbar support. However, many still do think this is a carrier only for use with babies under 18lbs and this is something to consider before purchase. However, if you are looking for an easy to use, award winning, sturdy baby carrier to use with your young baby then this is definitely a baby carrier worth looking into. Parents around the world who have used this carrier with their babies under the age of four months old almost never complain.