BabyBjorn Air Baby Carrier
The BabyBjorn Air baby carrier is still the same classic BabyBjorn carrier except it is constructed from a breathable, lightweight, air mesh material that allows you to keep baby close but still survive each other’s body heat in hot weather.
- Breathable material—keeps body cool
- Easy to put baby in and take baby out of carrier
- Comfortable to wear and straps are adjustable
- Baby can face carrier or face the world
- Great carrier for young and lightweight infants
- Doesn’t distribute weight well and causes shoulders and back to ache after long use or with use with an older child
- Not for use with a child over 4 months
BabyBjorn Air Baby Carrier Features
- BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Air is cool and comfortable, both for you and for your child, thanks to the unique, breathable material from which it is made.
- BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Air is made from an airy 3D mesh that efficiently carries away heat and moisture.
- It is soft and flexible and shapes itself gently to the baby’s body. The baby carrier provides excellent support for your little child’s back and head, and makes sure that baby’s legs and arms are in a physiologically correct position. When your child is a little older, the neck-rest can be folded down so that the child can be carried facing forwards and look around.
- BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Air is easily packed and takes very little space. It comes with a practical storage bag in a pocket on the inside of the baby carrier.
- This baby carrier is approved in accordance with the Oeko-Tex Standard 100, class 1, an international safety standard for textiles, ensuring they contain no health-hazardous substances. This means that during your baby’s teething phase, you can allow your baby to nibble or suck on the fabric without worry.
- The adjustable buckle lets the baby carrier grow with your baby to accommodate children 8 to 25 lbs. Fasten the safety straps to keep smaller babies secure.
- BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Air is machine-washable and line dries quickly after washing.
- Appropriate from newborn (at least 3.5 kgs/8 lbs and 53 cms/21 ins) up to 11 kgs/25 lbs.
Cost The BabyBjorn Air Baby Carrier retails for $75.00-$119.00. Shop around for the best price.
BabyBjorn Air Baby Carrier User Reviews
Users really love the BabyBjorn Air Baby Carrier because it is made from a lightweight, airy mesh material. They say the baby carrier really helps to keep the body cool and the mesh material allows air circulation around the baby. Like with all BabyBjorn baby carriers, this Air carrier is easy to wash and easy to use.
Most reviewers have no problem putting baby in the carrier and taking baby out without assistance. The straps are also easy to adjust. Users love using this carrier for shopping, traveling and getting things done around the house while still keeping baby close to the chest. They say the Air baby carrier is also great for babies who hate their strollers and babies really love that they can face forward and see the world while riding in the BabyBjorn Air Baby Carrier. Many users report that this baby carrier is comfortable to wear and easy on the back and reviewers say they only have wonderful things to say about this baby carrier. To sum up by quoting from the reviews: “Best Baby Carrier!,” “Easy On The Back,” and “A Must Have.”
BabyBjorn Air Carrier Negatives
Like with the other BabyBjorn baby carriers, the Air carrier has received many complaints about how the carrier hurts the back and causes the shoulders to ache. Many users say this baby carrier does not do a good job distributing baby’s weight and this “kills the back” when using it to carry a baby older than three months or over 15lbs. A few users write that they don’t understand all the rave reviews for BabyBjorn baby carriers and they just can’t figure out “what all the hype is about.”
BabyBjorn Air Baby Carrier Summary
Overall, users who wear the BabyBjorn Air baby carrier with young and lightweight infants seem to absolutely love this, and all BabyBjorn carriers. This carrier is definitely worth purchasing for carrying your new baby. You can then always switch to an Ergo carrier or begin to use your stroller when your baby becomes too heavy for the BabyBjorn baby carrier. However, for those first few months this carrier seems like a dream come true.
Check out reviews for the BabyBjorn Active carrier for a BabyBjorn carrier with lumbar support.