Joovy Scooter Stroller
The Joovy Scooter Stroller is the perfect stroller for those looking for a compromise between heavy and bulky full size strollers and under equipped lightweight or umbrella strollers. This is a stroller that will solve all of your size and weight dilemmas—and all for under $150!
- Very large sun canopy with peek-a-boo window and extra mesh window
- Parent storage pocket and parent cup holder, child storage pockets and large storage basket
- Adjustable child foot rest and very roomy toddler seat—will fit large kids well
- Rubber wheels handle uneven terrain well, pushes and maneuvers easily
- Stands on own when folded
- Can be used as a travel system
- Push handle not adjustable
- Seat reclines but does not lay completely flat nor does it sit completely upright
- Takes two hands to fold and does not have an automatic lock when folded
Joovy Scooter Stroller Description
(Description Provided By Joovy)
The Joovy Scooter is different than the competition in many ways and you’ll notice it the instant you grab the super comfortable [ergonomic] push handle. Don’t be fooled by the plastic grips, they have steel inside and are extremely strong. The stroller has a unique look and all the right features.
The past two years have been difficult economically for everyone across the world. We’ve felt it here at Joovy just like you’ve felt it at home with your family. Our goal with the Scooter is to provide the same Joovy quality and features – at our lowest price ever.
The Scooter comes with beautiful features and fashion. The seat and canopy are super durable 600 D fabric (just like our other strollers), and it includes the same adjustable and light reflective 5 point harness, huge Joovy canopy, cup holder and zippered pocket for parents. The basket is absolutely giant compared to other strollers in this price range with incredibly easy access. You will love the one hand recline system that locks in infinite positions all the way down to 149° for a near flat napping position. The swing open bumper bar also can be used as a car seat adapter for all Graco infant car seats (and it is easily removed). All six wheels have sealed bearings for great handling and easy pushing. Plus, the Scooter has 4 wheel suspension to help smooth out the bumps
The Scooter has world class looks, great functionality, and high quality components, making it the best value available in single strollers today.
Joovy Scooter Stroller Features
- Huge Joovy Canopy: The Scooter includes Joovy’s signature oversized canopy with a retractable sun visor – for maximum protection from the elements.
- Super Durable 600D Fabric: The seat and canopy are super durable 600 D fabric with an adjustable and light reflective 5 point harness.
- Deep Recline with Unlimited Positions: The one hand recline system locks in infinite positions all the way down to 149° for a near flat napping position.
- Compatible with Graco Infant Carseats : The bumper bar can be used as a car seat adapter for all Graco infant car seats.
- Cup Holder: The Scooter has cup holder and zippered pocket for parents.
- Linked Brakes: The Scooter has linked rear brakes adding extra security when the stroller is parked.
- Large Basket: The large basket is absolutely giant compared to other strollers in this price range with incredibly easy access.
Dimensions and Weight and Seat Recline
- Folded Dimensions: Height 15” x Width 21.5” x Depth 33.5”
- Assembled Dimensions: Height 41.5” x Width 21.5” x Depth 29.5”
- Weight: 18.5 lbs
- Weight Capacity: 6 months up to 55 lbs
- Seat Recline: Stroller seat reclines to a maximum of a 149 degree angle and sits upright at 115 degrees.
Cost: The suggested retail price for the Joovy Scooter stroller is $149.00 but you can find it online and in stores for as low as $139.00 and as high as $159.00—so shop around for the best price.
Joovy Scooter Stroller User Reviews
The Joovy Scooter stroller has received a rating of 4 out of 5 stars from users at amazon.com and toysrus.com.
Two of the most favorite features of the Joovy Scooter stroller are its absolutely huge storage basket which can accommodate a large diaper bag and then some (and is accessible even when the stroller seat is reclined) and the enormous sun shade that covers the whole stroller seat. This is a great stroller choice for anyone who lives in a very sunny client. The sun shade has a large peek-a-boo window so you can look in on your child and the back of the sun shade can be unzipped to allow lots of air flow into the stroller on warm days. There is even a parent storage pocket on the rear of the sun canopy that is large enough to hold keys, wallets, cell phone etc, and a parent cup holder is built into the stroller handle bars. The push bar is not adjustable so it may be too low for super tall parents and for this reason the Joovy Scooter is not a good stroller choice for anyone over six feet tall. However, the stroller does have an adjustable footrest so this is great for your growing child.
The stroller seat is very wide, making it perfect for larger toddlers and the seat back is fairly high so it is a comfortable stroller for tall toddlers. No need to worry about heads scraping against the sun canopy. The seat has two mesh storage pockets to hold toys or anything else your child wants to bring along while strolling and the stroller comes standard with a removable bumper bar. The seat does not recline completely flat—it goes only to a 149 degree angle—so it is comfortable for a toddler nap but not suitable for babies under six months in age. However, you can convert this stroller into a travel system by adding any Graco infant car seat and then the stroller may be used with young babies. The seat sits upright at a 115 degree angle, which is almost upright but not completely. However, it is upright enough for your child to hold onto the bumper bar if he wants.
A Great Lightweight, Inexpensive, Standard Size Stroller
Users say the stroller pushes and turns effortlessly and is very lightweight for a standard size stroller. Many users who wanted to down size from their heavy and bulky standard size strollers or travel systems but who wanted more features than those included on typical lightweight and umbrella strollers opted for the Joovy Scooter because they feel this stroller is the perfect option for those looking for a stroller that falls between the worlds of standard size and umbrella strollers. You get all the great features and comfort of a full size stroller, but with the lightweight maneuverability and simplicity of an umbrella stroller. One woman writes that she lives on the second floor of an apartment building and has no problem carrying the stroller in one hand and her baby in the other hand each day as she climbs up and down the stairs from her apartment. (The stroller only weighs 18.5 lbs)
The stroller has 5.5” rubber front swivel wheels and 7.5” rubber fixed position rear wheels, so it is a great stroller for indoor use or for outdoor strolling on flat or paved surfaces. The Joovy Scooter is not an all-terrain stroller but you can lock the front swivel wheels for a little extra sturdiness when on uneven ground.
The stroller folds compact enough to fit in any car trunk but it is not an extremely compact fold. It also takes two hands to fold the stroller (something users dislike) and the stroller only has a manual lock to secure it when folded rather than an automatic lock (something users would like to see added). However, the stroller does stand on its own when folded—a great feature to have.
Joovy Scooter Stroller Summary
Overall, users are pleased with the Joovy Scooter stroller. They say while the Scooter is not a stroller you will fall in love with, it is a great stroller that has many fantastic features like the large sun canopy, huge storage basket and roomy toddler seat and it all comes at a really affordable price. The Joovy Scooter is a lot of stroller for only $149.00. You really can’t go wrong. Absolutely worth a buy!
If you are willing to spend a bit more money, you may also want to check out the Bumbleride Flyer, which like the Joovy Scooter, falls into a category somewhere between the worlds of a full size stroller and a lightweight stroller.