Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller
The Contours Options Tandem has 6 reversible seating positions to adjust to your immediate surroundings. Let your children entertain themselves while seats face each other or reverse both seats to face you for additional bonding time. Easily design a custom travel system using your favorite infant car seat or add second car seat attachment for use with twins.
- Lots of storage—huge basket
- Comes standard with child snack tray, cup holders and universal car seat adaptor
- Travel system capabilities with one or two infant car seats—great for twins
- Six stroller seat configurations!
- Compact fold for a double stroller
- Maneuvers easily and turns corners effortlessly
- Very heavy stroller
- Compact fold only if you remove both seats
- Foam on handle bars falls apart
Kolcraft Contours Options Stroller Features
- Seats easily reverse to create 6 different stroller options: children can both face parent, face each other, face forward, back to back, with an infant car seat or use only the front seat for additional storage in the back
- Other children can walk & use the hold-on handles
- Seats recline fully for infant’s comfort
- Infant car seat attachment fits most car seat brands on the market. Additional infant car seat attachment is sold separately to accommodate twins! (infant car seats are not included)
- Ultra smooth ride & steering with two 8″ front single swivel & 10″ rear never flat wheels
- Easy trigger fold and convenient free-stand allows the stroller to stand on its own! Remove both seats for a more compact fold.
- Parent tray with two drink holders keeps drinks close by
- Front child bar rotates & removes for easy child access.
- Infant head rest protects newborn’s head
- Sunrider canopies adjusts to block the sun
- Height adjustable 5-point safety harness and padded sleeves for comfort
- Extra large storage basket
Contours® Product Specifications
- JPMA Certified
- Fold: 24 x 25 x 42
- 40 lbs. maximum child weight per seat (80 lb maximum for whole stroller)
- Only use this product in the reclined position until child can sit up unassisted
Compatible Infant Car Seats With Included Car Seat Adaptor
- Britax® Chaperone
- Chicco® KeyFit
- Chicco® KeyFit 30
- Combi® Shuttle 33
- Cosco® First Ride DX
- Cosco® Starter
- Evenflo® Discovery™
- Evenflo® Discovery 5™
- Evenflo® Embrace
- Evenflo® Embrace™ 5
- Evenflo® Embrace™ 5 LX
- Evenflo® Serenade™
- Graco® Safe Seat
- Graco® SnugRide® Infant
- Graco® SnugRide® 32
- Graco® SnugRide® 35
- Maxi-Cosi® Mico™
- Peg Perego® Primo Viaggio
- Peg Perego® Primo Viaggio SIP
- Safety 1st® Designer 22™
- Safety 1st® onBoard™ 35
The trademarks above for each infant car seat are the property of their respective owners. They are not associated with Kolcraft® Enterprises, Inc. and no approval by them is to be implied.
Product Dimensions (inches)
- Fold: 24 x 25 x 42
- Front wheels: 8”
- Rear wheels: 10”
- Product Weight: 46 lbs.
Cost: The Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller retails for $219.99.
Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller User Reviews
The Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem stroller has received a rating of 4 out of 5 stars from users at diapers.com, amazon.com and walmart.com.
Many users love the Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem double stroller and say it has tons of storage (the stroller basket is huge) and comes with two fully reclining seats, two child snack trays, a parent cup holder and a universal car seat adaptor. However, what parents love most about this double stroller is the versatility of the stroller seats. Users really like how adaptable the stroller seats are and really enjoy that they can arrange the seats to face each other so their kids can chat when on a stroller. The seats can also face the same direction (forwards or backwards), or have one seat face one direction and one seat face the other direction. You can even choose to use just one stroller seat and then add one infant car seat—perfect for when strolling with a toddler and a young baby. This tandem stroller can also accept two infant car seats—good to know for parents with twins. This is a great stroller to fit any family’s constantly changing needs.
Users say the seats are roomy and comfortable for toddlers and their kids enjoy taking stroller naps when riding in the Contours Options Tandem stroller. They also say the stroller stores well when folded and will fit in the trunk of most sedan cars. Both seats can be removed from the stroller for a more compact fold and each seat can be individually folded flat.
Reviewers report that the stroller maneuvers very well even though it is a long tandem stroller and turns even sharp corners effortlessly. The stroller push bar works well with tall parents and the stroller also has side toddler handles for when older kids want to walk alongside the stroller.
The Heavy Side
One of the main complaints users have about the Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem stroller is that it is heavy. The stroller alone weighs 46 lbs—this is almost twice as much as regular standard size strollers. Many users then say that once you load the stroller with two kids the stroller is just too heavy to push and turn.
Another complaint is that the stroller is bulky and long. However, the stroller is a tandem stroller (meaning one seat in front of the other) and many of the positive reviewers say they have no problems steering this stroller despite its length.
Users also say that the only way to get a compact fold is to remove the stroller seats—which is not convenient when you have two kids in tow. However, one reviewer writes that she can remove both toddler seats, fold the stroller, and put it all in her trunk in one minute exactly. She says with just a bit of practice the whole thing is really no big deal. But, many other parents find this extra step a real inconvenience.
Other users say the foam on the push bar falls apart easily and the toddler handles rip off after limited use. Some users think the toddler footrest is too short and that the seats are too small for regular sized toddlers.
The Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem stroller has received some mixed reviews. Some users really love this stroller and say it the “best double stroller ever” and a “great stroller for the money,” while others strongly advise buyers to seek out another option when in the market for a double stroller. Give this stroller a test drive and decide for yourself if the Contours Options stroller is right for you.