Valco Baby Ion EX Strollers
For a lightweight “full service” stroller that is receiving rave reviews, check out the Valco Baby Ion stroller!
- Easy one hand fold, folds super compact, and can be wheeled like luggage when folded
- Large sun canopy with mesh windows
- Not an all-terrain stroller but handles all terrains very well, fabulous suspension, can lock front wheels
- Turns on a dime, steer one handed even when fully loaded
- Large stroller seat that will fit toddlers well and seat lays almost flat for babies, and sits almost upright
- Hard to open harness buckle—toddlers won’t be able to escape
- Large storage basket accessible when seat fully reclined, parent storage compartment, and stroller won’t tip if hang bags off handle bars
- Create travel system
- Takes two hands to recline the stroller seat
- Does not come standard with child snack tray
- Does not have an automatic lock when folded
- Foot rest not adjustable and a bit short for older/taller children
Valco Baby Ion Stroller Features
- One Touch Recline: Sitting to sleeping! An easy any position seat recline system that ranges from newborn to fully upright for toddlers
- Ergonomic Handle: Adjustable to six positions! Whether Mom or Dad is pushing the stroller, the adjustable handle allows you to push the stroller at the height that is comfortable for you.
- “I Twist” Compact Fold: Effortless forward fold! This unique forward facing fold allows you to collapse the stroller with a turn of a knob and a lift of a lever and wheel the stroller behind you. Manual lock when folded.
- Large Storage Basket: Lightweight aluminum frame! Our unique dual chamber design maximizes storage and easy access
- Reflective Accents: Safe to use at night! Reflective binding on harness and hood allows the stroller to be visible in the dark.
- Peek-A-Boo Window: Not only a storage pocket! Your child’s actions in the stroller will never be a mystery with the zip off peek a boo window. This stroller bag zips to the rear canopy and can be used to store your keys, wallet, etc… You can zip the bag off to reveal a mesh peek a boo window and the bag can then be attached to the stroller handle bars or taken with you as a mini diaper bag or purse.
- Lockable Swivel Wheels: Tubeless and maintenance free! The front wheels can either be locked for maximum control or fully swiveling for turning tight corners.
- Tether Safety Strap: Prevents the stroller from rolling away! Looping your wrist through one end of the strap and the other secured to the stroller frame ensures the stroller will be near you at all times.
- Product Dimensions: 30.5″ x 21″ x 50″
- Folded: 29.5″ x 21.5″ x 17.7″
- Product Weight: 18 lbs
- Recommended Use: Newborn, Up to 44 lbs
Cost: The Valco Baby Ion Stroller retails for $399.99.
- Seat Pad: $19.99
- Bevi Buddy Cup Holder: $20.00
- Hussh Bassinet: $100.00
- Infant Car Seat Adaptor: $40.00
- Cup Holder: $14.99
- Foot Muff: $80.00
- Raincover: $80.00
Valco Baby Ion Stroller User Reviews
The Valco Baby Ion Stroller has received a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars from users at diapers.com and amazon.com.
The Valco Baby Ion stroller is Valco’s newest stroller release. While there aren’t yet a ton of reviews for this stroller, so far the Ion is receiving rave reviews.
Users love how easy the Ion is to fold and unfold and can’t believe how compact this stroller folds. The Ion can become even more compact by popping off the wheels when folded. When folded, the stroller can be transported just like you would luggage—wheel the folded stroller behind you while pulling it along using the handle bar. Although the Ion is a full, standard sized stroller, it is extremely lightweight (only 18 lbs!!!). Several users describe the Ion as “lightweight but still full service,” and say it is “one of the best strollers at any price range!”
Thanks to the front swivel wheels the stroller “turns on a dime,” (users say you can even steer this stroller one-handed when fully loaded!) and the narrow rear wheel base (21.5 inches) allows this stroller to fit in even tiny spaces. The foam wheels mean the stroller provides an amazingly smooth ride and can handle rougher terrain (but this is not an all terrain stroller) and the tires will never go flat since they are not air filled. For a more adventurous outing, you can lock the front swivel wheels to maneuver the stroller over grass, bumps and uneven pavement.
Users love the Ion’s stroller seat. The seat is very unique in the world of strollers since it is shaped like an egg but this oval shape provides more sitting space for larger toddlers than traditional stroller seats. The canopy is also very high which gives tall children plenty of room to sit and relax. The seat reclines almost flat so it is suitable for new babies and it can be positioned almost completely upright for those toddlers who need a view of it all. There is a head bumper on the back of the seat to hold babies securely in the seat when in full recline and the head bumper can be pushed away for older children who need extra head space. The seat is very well padded and extremely comfortable for children and all of the stroller fabric can be removed for washing. The 5-point harness buckle takes a bit of getting use to but you will never have to worry about your child figuring out how to undo it and escaping from the stroller.
The Ion has a removable bumper bar and an adjustable push handle. The sun canopy is huge and completely shields your child and has a mesh peek-a-boo window. The back of the stroller seat has a removable storage pocket for your keys, wallet, water bottle, etc…, and you can unzip the storage bag to reveal a large mesh window that allows extra air flow into the stroller on hot days. The stroller basket is very large (although it is tall rather than wide) and is accessible even when the stroller seat is reclined because of a flexible wire that allows you to bend the basket down to reach in. Because the stroller is so sturdy you can hang bags off the handle bars if you really need some extra storage.
Users say they “love everything about this stroller” and the Ion is the “perfect lightweight full service standard size stroller!”
The Wish List
So far, no negative reviews for the Ion but there are a few “wishes” or “desires” that users would like Valco Baby to know about. First, users would love to see the addition of an automatic lock for when the stroller is folded. Second, users wish Valco Baby would start including a child snack tray with purchase of the stroller. Lastly, users would like Valco Baby to adjust the seat recline so that it can be done with one hand rather than two.
However, none of these are real negatives, they are just features users wish would be added to future models of the stroller. Some users say if the Ion included these things it would be the world’s most perfect stroller.
Great Reviews! Definitely worth a buy!
Check out other great lightweight standard size strollers like the Bumbleride Flyer, the Abiie BabyDeck G2G stroller, and the Baby Jogger City Mini.